Event: 2021 U21 FIVB World Championship Trials
- Qualifier: July 6, 2021
- Main Draw: July 7-9, 2021
- 1100 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Athlete Eligibility Requirements:
- Be eligible to compete for the United States per USAV, NORCECA, FIVB and IOC regulations/requirements. http://www.fivb.org/EN/BeachVolleyball/Document/2019/FIVB_BVB_Sports_Regulations_V2.12.05.06.2019.pdf
- Athletes must be a currently registered member of USAV.
- Athletes must be born on January 1, 2001 or later.
- Pairs must register together, and both must meet all athlete requirements.
- Pairs that finish first, second, or third at this event, are REQUIRED to attend USA Volleyball U21 Training Blocks. Training dates and location for U21 teams will
- Athletes must be a U.S. citizen and have a valid passport.
- Must complete all FIVB required paperwork and documents as needed.
- An athlete who is 18 years of age or turns 18 on or before January 1, 2021, must successfully complete the MANDATORY SafeSport Training.
Top Team Honors & Privileges
- First Place finishers are guaranteed a trip to compete in the 2021 FIVB U21 World Championships.
- Second Place finishers will receive a trip to compete at the 2021 FIVB U21 World Championships, provided the FIVB allows the U.S. a second team slot.
- Third Place finishers will be alternates for the 2021 U21 World Championships
- First, Second, and Third place finishing teams will be required to attend the USA Volleyball U21 Training Blocks. Training dates and location for U21 teams will
- USA Volleyball will cover all expenses for the USA Volleyball U21 Training Block & the World Championships for these qualified teams.
Athlete Registration Deadline:
- Registration deadline (June 11, 2021 by Noon PST): $200 + online fees
- Late Registration Deadline (June 29, 2021 by Noon PST): $250 + online fees.
- After July 2, athletes need a medical note and proof of flight itinerary in order to withdraw/change partner.
*Refunds are issued minus a $20 administrative fee. No refunds after July 2, 2021.
- Any athlete who is 18 years of age or turning 18 on or before January 1, 2021, must completed the Safe Sport training in order to be eligible to participate.
- Link to SafeSport: SafeSport Training - USA Volleyball
- MAAPP (Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy): MAAPP - USA Volleyball
Athlete Dress Code/Attire:
- All female athletes must wear shorts or spandex (1” inseam, min) and a tank top that covers the midriff when arms are at the sides.
- Male athletes must wear shorts and tanks. The shorts must be a minimum of 10 inches in length, and the tank tops must cover the midsection.
- The tops should be matching and have two (2) different numbers clearly visible that correspond to each player.
- Hats, visors, sunglasses and sand socks are considered optional personal attire.
- For competitions, pairs must be dressed identically, including matching tops and bottoms (including lengths).
- Cold weather clothing is permitted in conjunction with the uniform and tops should fit snugly under any uniform.
Athlete Check in Procedure:
- Athletes must check in as a team (both partners MUST be present in order to be checked-in)
Coach Requirements & Registration:
- ALL Coaches must register to participate in the trials. Click here to register.
- Be a current USAV member in good standing.
- Successfully complete the SafeSport training.
- Successfully completed a USAV background screening.
- Hold USAV IMPACT certification.
- Coaches must register before June 18, 2021.
- All coaches must meet the minimum requirements in order to participate in the event.
USAV has teamed up with Team Travel Source to provide discounted room rates. Please use the link below to search for hotel options.
For more USAV National Team Development Program events, visit our Website
* Please know that teams are not registered until payment is completed.