Event: 2022 U20 Beach National Team Trials
- Qualifier: June 6, 2021
- Main Draw: June 7-9, 2021
- Manhattan Beach, CA
Athlete Eligibility Requirements:
- Be eligible to compete for the United States per USAV, NORCECA, FIVB and IOC regulations/requirements. LINK
- Athletes must be a currently registered member of USAV.
- Athletes must be born on January 1, 2003 or later.
- Pairs must register together, and both must meet all athlete requirements.
- Pairs that finish first and second at this event, are REQUIRED to attend USA Volleyball U20 Training Blocks. Training dates and location for U20 teams are to be determined.
- Athletes must be a U.S. citizen and have a valid passport by the time of trials.
- Must complete all FIVB required paperwork and documents as needed.
- An athlete who is 18 years of age or turns 18 on or before June 9, 2022, must successfully complete the MANDATORY SafeSport Training.
Top Team Honors & Privileges
- First Place finishers are guaranteed a trip to compete in the 2022 NORCECA U20 Beach Championships.
- Second-place finishers will receive a trip to compete at the 2022 NORCECA U20 Beach Championships provided NORCECA allows the U.S. a second team slot.
- The top two finishing teams (first and second places) will be required to attend the USA Volleyball U20 Training Blocks.
- Training Block #1: July 29 - August 2, 2022 (Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center)
- Training Block #2: Date and location to be determined.
- USA Volleyball will cover all expenses for the USA Volleyball 2022 NORCECA U20 Beach Championships for these qualified teams.
- PLEASE NOTE: These honors and privileges are contingent upon athletes fulfilling all requirements.
Athlete Registration Deadline:
- Registration deadline (May 6, 2022 by Noon PST): $250 + online fees
- Late Registration Deadline (May 30, 2022 by Noon PST): $300 + online fees.
- After June 3, athletes need a medical note and proof of flight itinerary in order to withdraw/change partner.
- NTDP Discount: Athletes that have participated in an NTDP Training Series will be eligible to receive a $50 discount per athlete.
*Refunds are issued minus a $20 administrative fee. No refunds after May 23, 2022.
NTDP Athlete Discount:
- If you have participated in an NTDP Training Series: You must obtain your discount code prior to proceeding to make a payment. To obtain your code, please email email@example.com.
- Any athlete who is 18 years of age or turning 18 on or before June 9, 2022, must completed the Safe Sport training in order to be eligible to participate.
- Link to SafeSport: SafeSport Training - USA Volleyball
- MAAPP (Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy): MAAPP - USA Volleyball
Athlete Dress Code/Attire:
- All female athletes must wear shorts or spandex (1” inseam, min) and a tank top that covers the midriff when arms are at the sides.
- Male athletes must wear shorts and tanks. The shorts must be a minimum of 10 inches in length, and the tank tops must cover the midsection.
- The tops should be matching and have two (2) different numbers clearly visible that correspond to each player.
- Hats, visors, sunglasses and sand socks are considered optional personal attire.
- For competitions, pairs must be dressed identically, including matching tops and bottoms (including lengths).
- Cold weather clothing is permitted in conjunction with the uniform and tops should fit snugly under any uniform.
Athlete Check in Procedure:
- Athletes must check in as a team (both partners MUST be present in order to be checked-in)
- Both athletes must present a valid U.S.-issued passport
Coach Requirements & Registration:
- ALL Coaches must register to participate in the trials. Click here for Coach Registration.
- Be a current USAV member in good standing.
- Successfully complete the SafeSport training.
- Successfully completed a USAV background screening.
- Coaches must register before May 27, 2022.
- All coaches must meet the minimum requirements in order to participate in the event.
Hotel discount link: 2022 U20 Beach National Team Trials Hotel Link
For more USAV National Team Development Program events, visit our Website
* Please know that teams are not registered until payment is completed.